|Model||II Morrow Apollo 612B Loran Navigator|
|Part Number||P/N: 430-0073-11-11|
|Voltage||14 or 28 volts|
|Included||Loran Antenna, Rack, Connector, Existing Database, 90 Day Warranty|
One of the original pioneers of Loran was the II Morrow company. II Morrow (which became UPS A.T. and now Garmin A.T.) introduced an entire generation of pilots to point-to-point navigation with their accurate, easy to use, and affordable Apollo Loran series. This Loran is their Apollo 612B.
The Apollo 612B features:
You may also be interested in an Indicator or Moving Map / MFD to use with this Apollo 612B.
- High intensity alphanumeric dot matrix display - At night, automatic brightness control scales back the display brightness,and the pushbuttons are backlighted.
- Pilot-focused design - The Apollo 612B is designed to make flying easier and more accurate. It has automatic Loran triad selection and automatic magnetic variation adjustment, based on position. An internal E-6B computer solves standard navigation calculations easily. The 612B's NAV pages compute Great Circle navigation routes, and automatic hands-free NAV page scrolling keeps the pilot informed. A nine leg flight plan with automatic sequencing allows the pilot to plan the route in advance.
- Peace of mind - An Emergency Search will find the nearest airport, VOR, or pilot-defined waypoint.
- Continental Flybrary datacard database - The Apollo 612B's database is stored in a front panel Flybrary datacard. In addition to 100 pilot-defined waypoints, the datacard provides information about all VORs in the continental U.S., plus Alaska. In addition, the database contains all federally-designated public use airports with three alpha character designators, and all airports with hard-surface runways at least 2,500 feet long and 40 feet wide. Public use heliports and seaplane bases are also included.
- Compatibility - This Loran is compatible with an external CDI, HSI, autopilot, and moving map.
If you have any questions about this item, please click to send us an email.