| || |
|Home > GPS > King KLN-94 IFR-Approach GPS / Moving Map Upgrade - GPS Receiver only, without rack, connector, or antenna|
King KLN-94 IFR-Approach GPS / Moving Map Upgrade - GPS Receiver only, without rack, connector, or antenna
|Model||King KLN-94 IFR-Approach GPS / Moving Map Upgrade - GPS Receiver only, without rack, connector, or antenna|
|Part Number||P/N: 069-01034-0101 - Standard KLN-94|
P/N: 069-01034-0102 - Adds DC Roll Steering command to autopilot
|Voltage||14 or 28 volts|
|Included||Existing Database and 90 Day Warranty|
|Comments||This is the Net price for a KLN-89B --> KLN-94 Upgrade. (If you need a complete KLN-94 GPS System, please click here.)
This Upgrade assumes that you will send us your working KLN-89B Receiver in good condition (especially the display), with the database. If you wish us to send you the KLN-94 first, we can do so. Please add $500 to this price, and then expect a $500 refund upon receipt and successful inspection of your KLN-89B GPS Receiver and database.
The factory has informed us that they have run out of replacement displays for the KLN-94 GPS Receiver. While they repair all other potential problems, the display on this GPS is not currently repairable or replaceable.
It is possible to upgrade from P/N: 069-01034-0101 to P/N: 069-01034-0102 (with DC Roll Steering) via a software update.
The KLN-94 is a current update to King's very common KLN-89B IFR-Approach Capable GPS. This offers two real advantages:
The most obvious improvement the KLN-94 offers is the color display / moving map. (The KLN-94 is the least expensive IFR GPS to offer a color display.) The color display makes it easier to find the information you need, which is a very real advantage when you are busy.
- If you are one of the many pilots who have used the KLN-89B, then you already know much of the KLN-94's operation.
- The KLN-94 is a direct slide-in replacement for the KLN-89B. You can continue to use the same GPS antenna, mounting rack, and wiring with the KLN-94.
In addition, the KLN-94 boasts the following improvements over the KLN-89B:
You may also be interested in an Indicator or NAV/COMM to use with this KLN-94.
- Higher resolution display - Geographic features (roads, rivers, lakes, cities, etc.) are now present, and it is easier to set the map range. Even though more information is available, it is also easier to declutter the map. The KLN-94 display shows five lines of data, versus the four lines offered by the KLN-89B.
- Improved formatting - On most pages, the Track and Desired Track are continuously shown. This allows you to address heading errors while they are small, and boosts your understanding of the current winds aloft. System annunciation is always available on the right side of the display.
- More convenient IFR Procedures - It is now easier to select and load departure and approach procedures. Plus, you may load ILS and other non-GPS procedures. This will not allow you to fly these procedures via GPS, but it allows you to use the full situational awareness offered by the map. Lastly, the KLN-94 may be used as a DME substitute on a Localizer approach when the DME is known to the KLN-94 database.
- QuickTune radio tuning - The KLN-94 can be used to tune KX-155A or KX-165A NAV/COMMs directly from the database. This can be done either by choosing from a list, or when an IFR procedure is loaded.
If you have any questions about this item, please click to send us an email.
Click an image below to enlarge
Bennett Avionics: Quality Used Avionics, Professional Service