| || |
|Home > HSI > Century NSD-360A Non-Slaved Compass System (HSI)|
Century NSD-360A Non-Slaved Compass System (HSI)
|Model||Century NSD-360A Non-Slaved Compass System (HSI)|
|Part Number||P/N: 52D136-1333|
|Voltage||14 or 28 volts|
|Included||Connectors (if needed), 6 Month Warranty|
|Comments||Requires 5 in/Hg Air for proper Gyro operation
We typically have a 1-2 week lead time for Compass Systems / HSIs. If you're in a hurry, please let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule.
The Century NSD-360A HSI is a popular, less expensive alternative to the King KCS-55A. The biggest difference is that the NSD-360A is operated by vacuum, while the KCS-55A is electric.
This version of the NSD-360A is more affordable because it is not slaved. This means that the Gyro is subject to precession, requiring periodic correction from the pilot.
The NSD-360A shows both your heading and course information on the same display. It may be interfaced with an Autopilot or Flight Director. It also has a glideslope indication that appears when flying an ILS approach. Like all HSIs, the "top-down" perspective combines information that would normally be shown separately on a Directional Gyro and CDI.
The NSD-360A features:
- Full-time 360-Degree Heading Presentation
- Rectilinear Course Deviation Indicator
- Full View Glideslope Indicator
- Masking Glideslope Warning Flag
- 45-Degree Tic Marks
- Referencing Heading Bug
- Failed Gyro Warning Flag
- Free Gyro Mode
- Gyro Caging Knob
- Lost Power Warning Flag
- Discrete NAV Warning Flag
- GPS, RNAV, and LORAN Compatible
- Autopilot Outputs for Heading and Course
- Continuously Caged Heading and Course Selection Knobs
- Reference Aircraft and Heading Lubber Line
- Diffused Incandescent Perimeter Lighting
- Course Arrow with Reciprocal Indicators
The course information displayed on the NSD-360A may come from a variety of sources, including a GPS. The following NAV Receiver / RNAV Navigation Systems are also compatible with the NSD-360A:
- KNS-81 NAV/RNAV/Glideslope
- KNS-80 NAV/RNAV/DME/Glideslope
- KX-155 NAV/COMM (with an external VOR/LOC Converter)
- KX-165 NAV/COMM
- VIR-351 NAV
- SL-30 NAV
- GNS-430 NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- GNS-530 NAV/COMM/GPS/Glideslope
- and many more... Contact us for compatibility
HSIs are available in either Serviceable or Overhauled condition. We strongly recommend the Overhauled option, as shown here. Unlike many other avionics items, Gyros contain high-speed moving parts that will wear over time. Having a system Overhauled will ensure the reliability you expect from an important and expensive system. Overhauled systems come with a 6 month warranty.
If you have any questions about this item, please click to send us an email.
We do not typically stock Overhauled NSD-360As because the "clock" would start on the overhaul warranty. Instead, we will have an HSI overhauled for you to get you a fresh inspection and full warranty period. Please allow 1-2 weeks before shipping. (If you need an NSD-360A quickly, please contact us to see what options we can offer.)
You may also be interested in an NAV or
NAV/COMM to use with this NSD-360A.
Click an image below to enlarge
Bennett Avionics: Quality Used Avionics, Professional Service